Monday, January 17, 2005
Meat: The Parents - and a little fishing experiment...
While it's always exciting, fun, comforting, a little grating, slightly frustrating, deargodwhat'sgoingonarethesereallymyparentsbutIstillloveyouwithallmyheartanyway, we did a LOT of eating this weekend! What is it about families getting together that dictates it's time to gorge?
In the 72 hours that the three of them descended on Charleston, I descended on:
- Way too many appetizers split for just the four of us at Meritage. Lobster Mashed Potatoes are so good, you'd smack your mom for more.
- Two poached eggs w/mushroom gravy and ham, a bowl of grits, collard greens, and cornbread.
- Two slices of Edie's Favorite, and a plate of Cheesesticks at Andolini's (That one hurt me).
- An ungodly amount of sushi at Wasabi.
- Three pieces of fried chicken (that were so big, that I swear the only way that it made it to my plate was because it had been shot with tranq darts along with its velociraptor brethren), macaroni & cheese that screams HOME when you're eating it, and yet more collards. Jestine's - anything else is kid's stuff.
- A big ass plate of Nachos.
And that was just me. My dad (who "couldn't believe that I was hungry") made the above look like Mary-Kate Olsen's Sunday brunch.
I've got to get in shape! Kickball is only three months away...
Got some good pics from this weekend, too. As soon as the old lady sends 'em down, I'll put some of 'em up!
I also hung with out with some folks from work that I normally don’t go “off the clock” with. It was a pretty interesting night! I’m really unsure of how much to put up here, because I know that some of them read this site from time to time. So, that said, Miss Sarcastic, AKA the Third Olsen Twin, AKA She Who Knows ExactlyWhat Buttons To Press In Order To Completely Frustrate ME – I’m intrigued as to why you can seem as “jaded” as you can come off as…
Hmmmm-how soon will you get the pictures?
Not so anonymous
By 10:06 AM, at
do i smell a crush?
By 2:40 PM, at
my getting pictures all depends on if TOL can remember to send them to me...
...and what does a crush smell like?
What a crush smells like: Remember when you were a kid and on Valentine's day you had to hand out the obligatory spaceman or Bugs Bunny themed paper valentines? A crush smells like the bag you toted your valentines and candy home in.
IF you were the kid that never got a valentine, the smell of the inside of the plastic pumpkin you went trick or treating on Halloween with is a pretty close approximation of what a crush smells like.