Monday, December 20, 2004
A Potpourri of Posting
To give you a little background on the weekend:
Friday was just a standard "go out to the bars after work, and see where the night takes you" sort of thing.
Saturday was our company holiday party at the American Theater. It was Oscar-themed, and a co-worker and I stood in front of the Theater with mics and a cameraman (co-worker's boyfriend), and staged an "E!"-ish show we named "Maximum Fabulosity" or "Max Fab!" I was your hunky host, Buff Champion, and she was the beautiful, classy, and witty Britney Love-Hewitt Simpson Zeta-Jones Lohan! We pretended each of our co-workers were celebrities, and made stuff up and fake-interviewed them on the spot. They had no idea what hit 'em...
Sunday = a day of rest!
So, without further adieu - some of the things I learned this weekend (kind of in chronological order, where possible)...
1) You can rent waitresses at King Street Grille at a rate of $100 an hour.
2) Pool on 4 Red Bull & Vodkas, and a couple of Jager Bombs is challenging in a mind over simple motor skills kind of way...
3) I don't need to hang out with people who rent waitresses at a rate of $100 an hour.
4) Tequila is bad, mmmkay?
5) I can smoke two packs of cigarettes in one night.
6) No one should EVER smoke two packs of cigarettes in one night.
7) Improv comedy is TOUGH - but incredibly fun.
8) When I get nervous, I look around alot. Look at your co-host, Buff...
9) Never listen to others when it comes to fashion. If you like it - wear it, by god!
10) Jeans, and a suit jacket over a purple button down with an emerald green t-shirt underneath it is Hot. See rule #9.
11) I think of myself as laid-back, but upon further review, I'm actually probably pretty high maintenance...
12) Taking a camera out with you can be really fun. It can also provide verification that the girl you were talking to at the bar was as cute as you thought she was...(pics tomorrow....mwah hahahahaha!)
13) Playing electric guitars at 3:30 in the morning is cool in West Ashley.
14) Playing a trumpet in a Howard Johnson hotel room at 4:30 in the morning is NOT cool in downtown Charleston.
15) On the 7th day, God created Waffle House, gave Man the intelligence to scatter, smother, cover, and chunk hash browns, and the stupidity to eat them at 5:00 in the morning.
16) Jan 1 can't come soon enough. This kid's ready for some change...
There's a ton more from this weekend, but I think the pictures will do it more justice than my poetic waxing...
Beautiful, we missed ya Friday night, and Kelly and I discussed how long it would take to burn the $100.
By 2:31 PM, at
Suprisingly, that $100 got us pretty far! Way to go KSG!!!
Tequila is good-
By 3:35 PM, at